Silver State Recruiting page
Meet Our Silver State Recruiting Coordinator
Collegiate volleyball coaching experience:
- Over 150 athletes have continued their volleyball careers to the junior college or college level
2006-Present: Coach at Silver State Volleyball Club
- 2022: Assistant Coach of 18 Marshall
- 2021: Head Coach of 16 Jim and 14 Jim
Collegiate Coaching Experience
Graduate Assistant - The Ohio State University Women's Team
First Assistant - The Ohio State University Men's Team
Assistant Coach - The University of Utah
Assistant Coach - The University of Nevada Reno
Head Coach - Western Wyoming College
Assistant Coach - The University of South Florida
- Participated in satellite tournaments, qualifiers, and ITF tournaments throughout Europe
Men's Tennis - Ohio State University
Our Recruiting Checklist
Use this checklist to guide you through the Silver State Recruiting Process. Successful recruiting requires follow-through from both the Recruiting Coordinator and player.
The Role of our Recruiting Coordinator
The Recruiting Coordinator guides players to the best opportunities that match their abilities and opens the door by contacting and highlighting their talents to college coaches.
The Role of the Player in the Recruiting Process
The player follows up with college coaches to continue the communication process to determine if there is a match between player, college, and team.
Ready to Begin Your Recruiting Journey?
1. Contact Coach Jim Saari, Recruiting Coordinator at [email protected] to setup up your recruiting evaluation
2. Meet with Coach Jim to review recruiting process, your college goals, and establish a plan for contacting schools.
3. Sign up for University Athlete and Field Level recruiting sites. Both have a FREE version.
4. Jimm will initiate contact on your behalf through phone calls and emails, add you to the Silver State roster on Field Level, and add you to the Recruitable Players list for college coaches to review.
5. Review NCAA Rules and register for Eligibility #: NCAA Eligibility Center
6. Review and complete NCAA Eligibility Checklist to ensure eligibility and stay informed about recruiting rule changes.
7. Review NAIA Rules and register for Eligibility #: NAIA Eligibility Center
Creating Video and Playlists
1. Create highlight videos from match highlights. Add skills and a full-match video to create a playlist on www.youtube.com. Sample YouTube Playlist. Make sure the videos are new and in a compelling order for showcasing your talents.
Starting Communication with College Coaches
1. Write a Letter of Interest for each college coach to express why you are interested in their college/university and volleyball team. You may do this through Field Level or directly to a college coach's email address found on their team website.
Our Recruiting Promise
To find the best collegiate fit for our players based on academic interests, desired location, and volleyball potential. We will leverage our connections in the college volleyball community to make your dream a reality. We will explore your favorite schools you wish to attend and add additional schools beyond your list. Together, our goal is to match you to the best college experience for volleyball and academics.